FAMILY HOLIDAYS DURING DIWALI-
THE FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS EMBODYING THE JOURNEY TOWARDS INSPIRATION, SELF DISCOVERY AND TOGETHERNESS
“DIWALI”- The festival of lights, of prosperity and wealth and of family bonding. With the advent of the concept of the World being a Global Village, festivals all over have been welcomed by different cultures and communities throughout. Nowadays the spirit of Diwali, to some, lies in exploring the bright and colourful boundaries through their passion for travel, what shall be more enticing than to visit the mystic and tranquil Far East, fondly called the “Orient” comprising broadly of East Asia having countries like China, Hong Kong, Japan, Mongolia, Macau, North and South Korea and Taiwan; of South East Asia with nations like Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar and Singapore and North Asia with Russia (now disintegrated to small countries).
The realms are very special with their distinct places of attraction, art and flavours, climatic variations and transportations. Somefeatures are common to almost all the countries and some are unique. Another significant characteristic is their reverence to Lord Buddha, whereby they have one or more temples dedicated to Him.
Most countries practice peace and serenity as part of their lifestyle. They are simple, warm-hearted, peace-loving citizens believing in simple living through veneration and logical thinking.
The generic attributes as observed in majority of the countries, irrespective of their demographic patterns is that there has beenprogress all over. There have been good roadways, railways, metros, cars, flight connectivity, cab services, High Speed Trains, Buses, as well as quaint commuting vehicles like the Tuktuks in Thailand, The Bike &Cycle Taxis in Vietnam, Singapore and Malaysia, and the concept of Cycling in Japan, Singapore, for encouraging the concept of “Go Green”. Also, the Qatar Airways, the Etihad Airlines, Fly Emirates, Jet Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Air Asia, Air France, Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, ANA Airlines, EVA Airlines, KLM, Royal Jordanian Airlines, Air China offers fleet of flights for visiting these countries.
In maximum cases, the best season to visit is winter consisting of the months September to November or November to February.
Since, these nations are bounded by rivers, seas and oceans it is obvious that beautiful Cruise services offering alluring views adorns the site-seeing experience. Major ones includes the Star Cruise Services, The Royal Caribbean Cruise Services, Celebrity Cruise, River Cruise Services, Princess Cruise Services to state a few. They offer lucrative deals that are economic and as per needs and moods of the guests. They can be easily booked online A spectacular view of the major tourist spot through this beckons the travellers.
After the similar traits, a summary of the chief places of attractions of some of the Far Eastern Countries are as underneath:
1. China- China is a major country not only for tourist attraction but also famous for its industries, technologies and clothes.Chief Currency is Yuan. The main spots are theGreat Wall of China,Forbidden City, The Bund,Jiuzaighou,Summer Palace,Potala Palace,Temple of Heaven,and Tienamen Square.
2. Macau – The ruins of St. Paul Cathedral,Senado Square,Macau Tower, A-Ma Temple,The Venetio Macao, Grand Prix Museum, Macau Wine Museum, Taipa Houses-Museum-are places to explore. Currency is Pataca.
3. Hong Kong- The name stands for well inhabited harbour. The areas to visit includes Victoria Peak, Ocean Park, Disneyland, Lantau Island, Tian Tan Buddha, Po LinMonastery, and Museum of History.Currency is Hong Kong Dollar.
4. Japan- the Land of Rising Sun. Currency is Yen. Tourist spots are Kinkaku-Ji,Mount Fuji,Todai-ji,Kiyomizo-dera,Meiji Shrine,Fushimi Inari Tasha,Harajuku,and Itsukushima.
5. North and South Korea- Currencies are North and South Korean Won respectively. Major spots are Juche Tower,Kumsusan Palace of the Sun, Tomb of King Kongmin, Arch of Triumph, USS Pueblo,Sonjuk Bridge, for N. Korea and Gyeongbokgung,Seoul Tower,Myeong dong,Cheonggyecheon,War Memorial,Seoraksan National Park, for S.Korea.
6. Indonesia-The chief touring areas are Borobudur,Mt Tomo,Tanah Lot,Seminyak,Ubud Monkey Forest,Prambanan,and Uluwatu temple. Currency is Rupiah.
7. Malaysia- Currency is Ringgit. Malaysia’s favourite spots includes Petronas Towers,Mt. Kinabalu,Bird Park,Kek Lok Si,Islamic Arts Museum,KLCC Park,Batu Caves, Langkawi.
8. Thailand-Baht is the currency. Grand Palace,Wat Phra Kaew, Wat Arun,Khao Yai National Park,Golden Buddha,Jim Thompson House, Botanical Gardens are major draws.
9. Russia-Even after disintegration, Russia still holds historical significance in the eyes of travellers.Currency is Rubble and tourist spots are: Kremlin, Saint Basil’s Cathedral, Hermitage Museum, Winter Palace, Saint Isaac’s Cathedral, Red Square, Peterhof Palace.
10. Last but not least is SINGAPORE- the Jewel of the Orients. Numerous tourist spots are lined up for the travellers, includes-Sentosa Island Resort, Universal Studios,Singapore Flyer,Night Safari,Zoo,Jurong Bird Park,Botanical Gardens,Tiger Sky Towers,Sri Mariamman Temple. The tour shall remain incomplete without the mention of SENTOSA ISLANDS- a popular island resort famous among tourists and children for its number of attractions. The major are:-
Crane Dance which is the magical love story between a pair of cranes; Dolphin Islands-lets tourists interact with Bottlenose Dolphins; Fort Silosa-the only reserved coastal fort standing as a proof of the most tempestuous era;Skywalk-11 storeyed,181 meters long provides a scenic trek among treetops en route to Fort Silosa;Gogreen Cycle Tour&Eco Adventure;iFly-world’s largest themed indoor skydiving;Images of Singapore LIVE-interactive and lively images around Singapore;Kidzania- for kids;K-Live Sentosa- dedicated hologram theatre;Lake of Dreams-Flaming Dragons,water cannons, and laser show;Madame Tussaud’s wax museum.
It may not be out of tune to mention here that there are other innumerable features of these countries and ALL the traits cannot be penned. In nutshell it may be inferred that, as in preparation of exotic dishes we need to feel the taste each ingredients that goes into its making, in case of these countries it’s their sites, natural beauties, traditions, and values and the populace that goes on to make a nation to what it stands for.