- Situated just off the southern tip of the Indian sub-continent, for millennia Sri Lanka has been regarded as special – a jewel in the Indian Ocean. Neither is the description “jewel” merely metaphoric. On the contrary, through one of its ancient names “Serendib”, Sri Lanka gives rise to the English “serendipity”, the happy ability to make joyous discoveries by accident. From time immemorial, the earth of Sri Lanka has yielded gems stones of exceptional quality, prized by all from the great Ming emperors of China to countless other merchants and traders, who have left their own distinctive marks upon the fabric of the country. Such material riches have a resonating echo in an island of outstanding and often wonderfully unspool natural beauty – from sparkling seas and endless miles of pristine beaches, to jungle environments rich in wildlife to spectacular mountain scenery. If nature has richly endowed Sri Lanka.
- Man has complemented such natural endowments with layer upon layer of mythic, cultural, religious and architectural wonders and delights. From amongst these, just a few that may be cited are the mighty fortress rock of Sigiria, the magnificent archeological remains at Anuradhapura and the sublime Buddhist carvings to be found at Polonnaruwa. To all of this, add a graceful people, warm, hospitable and generous, a spicy and delectable indigenous cuisine and an entire spectrum of accommodation for the visitor from simple but clean small hostelries right up to five star hotels, and you have a heady mix calculated to intrigue, entertain, interest and captivate the visitor.
Hotels used or similar
- Cinnamon Citadel or OZO Kandy or similar
- Nuawara Eliya
- Horton Towers or similar
- Betota or Wadduwa
- Induruwa Beach or Villa Ocean view or similar
- Fairways or similar
Day 1 ARRIVE COLOMBO – TRANSFER TO KANDY (D)
Lying amidst the hills, Kandy is the last capital of the ancient kings of Sri Lanka. While being the second largest city in Sri Lanka it is also famous for its immense beauty and is named as one of the seven UNESCO declared World Heritage sites in the country. With its luxuriant prairie, picturesque lake, longest river of the country and misty mountains, Kandy successfully mesmerizes every visitor unsurprisingly.
City Tour Kandy : While on your city tour you will visit one of the world heritages as well as a sacred place for the Buddhists all over the world; namely the Temple of tooth Relic known to the Sri Lankans as Dalada Maligawa. Your next visit will be to the Peradeniya Botanical Gardens which is a paradise for nature lovers. This beautiful flower Eden is restored with over 300 different varieties of orchids, other spices, medicinal plants and Palm trees. Every year more than 1.2 million people are enchanted by the beauty of these 147 acre flower gardens. The real evidence of the richness will be affirmed by your visit to the Gem Museum. Sri Lanka produces the finest quality of gems in the world. Semi-precious gems, the sapphires of Sri Lanka, hich are very exclusive and comes in shades of blue, red, green, white etc. In the evening you will witness a traditional cultural dance show.
Nuwara Eliya is a city in the hill country of the Central Province, Sri Lanka. Its name means “city on the plain (table land)” or “city of light”. The city is the administrative capital of Nuwara Eliya District, with a picturesque landscape and temperate climate. It is at an altitude of 1,868 m (6,128 ft) and is considered to be the most important location for tea production in Sri Lanka. The city is overlooked by Pidurutalagala, the tallest mountain in Sri Lanka. Nuwara Eliya is known for its temperate, cool climate – the coolest area in Sri Lanka.
City tour Nuwara Eliya: During the city tour in Nuwara Eliya you will visit the main attractions of the town which include the golf course, trout streams, Victoria Park, and boating or fishing on Lake Gregory. You can also visit a working tea factory where the slow-growing tea bushes of this highland region produce some of the world’s finest Orange Pekoe tea. You can also add Seethe Eliya and Haggala Gardens. Seethe Eliya is a temple which was mentioned in the famous epic Ramayana. Haggala is a temperate hill-country garden where languid low-country lotus and water lily float in their serene.
Bentota is a coastal town in Sri Lanka, located in the Galle District of the Southern Province, governed by an Urban Council. It is approximately 65 kilometers (40 mi) south of Colombo and 56 kilometers (35 mi) north of Galle. Bentota is situated on the southern bank of the Bentota River mouth, at an elevation of 3 metres (9.8 ft) above the sea level. The name of the town is derived from a mythical story which claims a demon named ‘Bem’ ruled the tota or river bank. Bentota is a historical place described in ancient messenger poems (sandeśa kāvya). The Galapatha Viharaya is one of a cluster of five ancient temples in the region. In the 17th Century the Portuguese built a small fort at the mouth of the Bentota River (Bentara Ganga), which in Sinhala was called Parangi Kotuwa, meaning the fort of the Portuguese. The river marked the southern extremity of Portuguese held territory in Sri Lanka. The Dutch subsequently allowed the fort to fall into disrepair, converting one of the large buildings within the fort into a colonial rest house for Dutch Officers travelling between Colombo and Galle.
Bentota is the city of the Golden Beaches. You will be able to relax and feel the spirit of the sea and the warmth of the soft sand. The day is divided in between swimming in the water and bathing in the sun. Bentota provides the perfect turf for unfurled vacation at the beach. While enjoying the sun, sea and sand the water sports lovers can enroll themselves in various water sports bringing in the unique pleasure of this locale.Enjoy a delicious breakfast at your hotel. Today you will visit Bentota.
City tour: On your city tour you will enjoy a boat ride along the Madhu River. It is a scenic tour relaxing and interesting while passing many islets forested with mangroves and experience the natural rhythms as well. If you are looking for more exclusive experience visit the turtle hatchery too. The Turtle Hatchery is the prime turtle nesting site which was open by the Wild life Protection Society in 1981.Visitors can see huge tanks filled with new born turtle hatchlings. After being fed, the baby turtles are taken to the sea and released when they are 2-4 days old, usually during the safer hours of darkness.
Colombo is the largest city and commercial capital of Sri Lanka. Located on the west coast, it is a busy and vibrant city with a mixture of modern and colonial impressions. Colombo has wildly varying architecture that span centuries and depict various styles. Many colonial buildings influenced by the Portuguese, Dutch and British exist alongside structures built in Buddhist, Hindu, Islamic, Indian and Contemporary architectural styles. No other place is this more evident in the heart of the city the Fort area. Colombo also boasts many shopping malls and department stores that offer brand name clothing at highly discounted prices. Therefore, it has become an important shopping destination among tourists.
City Tour: While on your city tour in Colombo you may visit famous places including Galle Face Green, the Viharamahadevi Park, National Museum, Twin World Trade Center towers, Old Parliament Building, Fort district, Independence Hall at Independence Square, and prominent Buddhist, Hindu, Islam and Christian places of worship. (Entrance fees to sites not included). For shopping, you may visit Odel, House of Fashion, Beverly Street, Majestic City, Noritake, etc.
After breakfast, rest at hotel until it is time to depart to airport to catch the return flight.
END OF SERVICES
* Discounts are subject to availability & can be withdrawn without prior notice.
|EX-BOM||Published Discount||Launch Discount||SELLING PRICE||SELLING PRICE in INR|
|Per person On||INR||USD||INR||INR||INR||USD||INR|
|CHD with BED||42500||360||5000||5000||32500||360||56980|
|CHD without BED||42500||290||5000||5000||32500||290||52220|
|EX-CCU||Published Discount||Launch Discount||SELLING PRICE||SELLING PRICE in INR|
|Per person On||INR||USD||INR||INR||INR||USD||INR|
|CHD with BED||40500||360||5000||5000||30500||360||54980|
|CHD without BED||40500||290||5000||5000||30500||290||50220|
TIPS & GRATUITY : USD 10 PER PERSON – ADDITIONAL
- Child upto 11 years old sharing with 2 adults
- Service tax as applicable on the total tour price
- GST: Government Service Tax applicable over and above the tour cost mentioned
- DEVIATION CHARGES: INR 10,000 per person applicable over and above the actual fare difference
- BOOKING DEPOSIT: INR 50,000 per person to be collected on booking the tour details
- Pre Tour & Post Tour Accommodation rates will be provided on request
Supplement for group departure between 1st November 2018 to March 2019 :
PER ADULT : USD 60
PER CHILD WITH BED : USD 60
PER CHILD NO BED: USD 60
Peak season surcharge between 20th December 2017 to 10th January 2018 : To Be Advised.
Land portion supplement and surcharge applicable for Joint direct price also.
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
# Return airfare from India
# All applicable taxes & Visa fees
# Medical insurances UP TO 59 years of age
# Hotel accommodation on twin sharing basis
# Transfer as per itinerary
# Sightseeing as per itinerary including visit to Pinnawala, Kandy Temple, Madu River Cruise, Turtle
Hatchery, Colombo Museum.
# Meals as per itinerary
# Tour kit
# Services of Club7 Holidays tour director (If group below 20 adults, then group will operate without services of Club7 Tour Escort Ex India and Local Guide assistance will be provided. Supplements may apply).
NOTE : Payment Schedule, cancellation policy and general booking terms and conditions are as per Company’s terms & conditions. All taxes and visa fees as of April, 2018. Taxes and visa fees may vary at the time of group departure date.
* Please contact us for current offers.
WHAT YOUR TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
Return Economy Class group airfare as per itinerary (Presently calculated as prevailing on 15th September 2017).
Cost of your ticket taxes (Presently calculated as prevailing on 15th September 2017).
Normal insurance charges for the duration of the tour are included in the tour price. However, any passenger above the age of 60 years and those passengers who wish to extend their stay will be required to pay additional charges.
Sri Lankan Visa.
NOTE : Payment Schedule, cancellation policy and general booking terms and conditions are as per Company’s terms & conditions.